Sunday, July 04, 2010

Review: Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara

If you've been using mascara any now and then, you must have heard about this Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara. It's one of the most talked and highly raved drugstore mascara. I know I'm a bit slow in catching up to this baby, because Covergirl is not available in Malaysia which is part of the very sad news. sadCovergirl Lash Blast Mascara patented volume-boosting formula and patent-pending brush are designed to max-out each and every lash, leaving you with the ultimate big lash look.

Packaging:This mascara comes with a fat orange tube which is a bit bulky and the handle too. The applicator is a bit large and hard to work with. It does take a few applications to get used to it. But there's something about the brush...
Cover Girl Lash Blast differ from the traditional bristle brush standard and uses a spiky rubber bristled brush instead. The brush is so huge which is about twice the normal size of a brush. While applying it, you have to be very careful in case that spiky applicator poke your eyes. I did once and it hurts.. sadFormula:
I got this mascara in Very Black. The formula is quite thick which is good for volumizing and lengthen my lashes. Most people said it may clumps but if only you used a lot. Just apply a sufficient amount and your lashes will look long and volume.

Reviews:
Granted that my lashes are naturally short, this mascara curl and lengthen my lashes very well. I also liked how it didn't weigh my lashes down despite it being quite thick. Besides, it seperates my lashes very well.

Here's some pics for your judgment:
One coat of this mascara:
(My lashes finally appear)Second coats of this mascara:
(It defines and lengthens my lashes nicely)3rd coats of this mascara:
How do you think of it?

I love how my lashes look very natural with this. Most mascara tends to clump but not this. This is the best mascara to use if you're in hurry and does not want to look over-makeup.smile

The one I have now is non-waterproof but yet, it is smudgeproof. It can last me for more than 8hours in office without smearing.Besides, this mascara are easily to remove with any makeup remover. Hassle-free for busy and tired working woman. :P And the mascara doesn't leaves any flakes and trace on your eyes after removing which is good.

Rating: 4/5

Personally, I love this!! Despite of its bulky size and brush, this one is good enough. I would recommend this mascara for a natural everyday wear.

Since this is not available in Malaysia, I purchased this product from drugstore.com less than US$7 during sales. Alternatively, you can purchase it from spree in LYN.

10 comments :

Bijin Blair said...

Nice!!! It lengthens and defines so well =] Does it hold up a curl?

Lavender said...

Cover girl is not available here. too bad.

Golden said...

I've read a lot of good reviews about this. I don't know why I always pass this mascara up whenever I go to the mall to buy some mascara. I guess Maybelline still tops my list when it comes to drugstore brands.

Lots of love,

Cyn said...

Blair: Yes it does hold up curl! :D
Lavender: Good products usually don't reached here. :(
Golden: I do love Maybelline too but their mascara tends to clumps on me. :'(

Unknown said...

this looks pretty good! but i don't have a habit of using mascara.. lol..

anyway don't be fooled by my lousy lighting swatch.. I took tt in the middle of the night (hence the terrible lighting. The Visee Smoky Beige is actually very pretty!

AnnaYJia said...

oh I wish covergirl brand was here. T_T
Yea the spiky brush is quite irritating one , mine lancome oscillation mascara hurts my eyes so bad too >_<
I think the Maybeline mascara the brush might be good , but it takes time to dry =.="

noone said...

great review, Ive tried it a few times and I think it's good... I prefer the NYX dolly mascara more for some reason though. But yea I agree this mascara got a lot of attention!!

stellarvixen said...

what a fancy tube! oranje!!

thanks for liking my EOTD so much~!
i'll try to do tutorial..but our weather is hot and me low on time sniff sniff *excuses..

erin mok said...

What's the reason for you to prefer Nyx mascara more. Can you tell me? Thank you. :)

erin mok said...

๐Ÿ˜ณ

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...